Alameda County Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) represents the public interest in having children supported. Parents may work with DCSS directly or retain the services of an attorney to represent them in child support matters. DCSS utilizes administrative and legal processes to deliver the following services:
- Establishment of paternity, child support, and medical coverage court orders
- Locate the non-custodial parent and his or her assets to enforce the court order
- Collect and distribute child, medical, and spousal support payments
- Maintain accounts of payments owed and received
- Modify court orders when appropriate
- Enforce Alameda County Court orders for child, spousal and medical support
- Out of State services through the Uniform Interstate Child Support Services Act
Custody & Visitation:
DCSS does not obtain or enforce custody and visitation orders.
If you have custody and visitation questions, you can seek private legal counsel or speak with the Family Law Facilitator/Self-Help Center.
If you have questions regarding notice of a pending legal action or about a court date in your case, please call our Public Service Center at 1-866-901-3212.
If you need assistance in completing the forms or further legal assistance, please contact the Family Law Facilitator at (510) 272-1393. For more information about the Family Law Facilitator service in California, please visit the website.