- Apply for Services
- Update My Information
- Paternity and Genetic Testing
- Custody and Visitation
- Estimate My Past Due Payoff
- Make A Payment
- Compromise of Arrears Program (COAP)
- License Release
- Passport Suspension
- Property Liens
- Military Reservists and National Guard
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Email My Caseworker
If a child’s parents are married, paternity is automatically established in most cases. If parents are unmarried, paternity is NOT automatically established. Parents should begin the process of establishing paternity as soon as possible.
For more information why establishing paternity is important, watch this short video called Ronnie and Rita.
Our office will only conduct genetic testing if all of the following criteria are met:
- A child support case has been opened with Alameda County Department of Child Support Services
- The mother was not married when the child was conceived
- Paternity hasn’t been acknowledged through a Declaration of Paternity
- There is no court order establishing paternity
- Genetic testing has not yet been conducted with the same parties
If all of the above criteria are met and you desire genetic testing, call Customer Connect at 1-866-901-3212, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. Pacific Time.